Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Drama, Drama, Drama

I haven't posted in a while because I hate to post without pictures. This update needs no pictures, just imagination. I know that I have posted before about Grace's tendency to "fake" an injury to get her way, to get picked up, etc. This is no longer a tendency, it is a way of life. Seriously - she tried it at least three or four times before I left for work this morning! I am raising a drama queen. She understands that the head bump always gets attention. Some examples of her devestating injuries are:
  • When she falls on her thickly diapered butt and immediately rubs her forehead and looks to you for a response.
  • When Grace is STARVED for attention she will tap her head on/with something. Sometimes she will tap her head on the chair arm and other times she will use her sippy cup to tap her forehead. She is shameless when she does this. She will look you straight in the eye, tap the sippy cup on her head and her hand immediately goes to her forehead. Next the arms go in the air reaching for you.

How does you deal with this one? I am trying to deal by telling her "Grace you are not hurt and Mommy is not going to pick you up." The head injury ploy is also a favorite when she is in trouble. Then there is my mother who says "I am picking that baby up when she holds her arms up." What a sucker.

Anyone else raising a drama queen?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I love how dramatic Miss Gracie is!! We are trying to figure out a Nashville weekend. I will keep you posted. Don't have any dates yet.

KrisJ said...

ok I have had two head bangers! My doctor gave me the BEST advise.... Walk away, ignore them. I tell you what it was hard but after a few days of ignoring the behavior it completely quit and if they tried it again I would ignore it again and it just stopped all together

Jo said...

Cami pulls the same moves!!!! Now she has added holding her breath when she is throwing a fit and turning blue, with that I check her mouth to make sure she is not chocking and then go about my business.

I am waiting for a call from the Oscar's because I am sure she will be up for a best dramatic role!!!!

I knew we were in for it when we were told Cami was named after a popular Vietnamese actress!!!

Sarah & Seth said...

Sienna just randomly walks up with a faux sad look on her face and her hand on her forehead. This originally started at school and has transferred to home life. She is becoming very demanding and saying what she wants and then "yeah." Who knows, hope that this is just a fase

Sarah said...

How funny! Kyna is our drama queen. If she wants picked up and I'm busy, it all breaks lose. She doubles over like she is in deep physical pain and holds her arms up at the same time. It is so pitiful. When she cries her eyes turn red instantly. So, we try to avoid these tantrums before going somewhere.

Beverly and Robert said...

When I took my daughter grocery shopping she would pretend she was choking to death. She loves to get attention from other people. And this worked VERY good in getting peoples attention. Thank goodness she stopped doing this about a week ago. I just ignored her after a while. good luck!

Susan said...

Your kid is a riot. And, yes, she's shameless. Of course, you know there is NO drama in our house. (I almost typed that without laughing.) Miss Gracie certainly has your mom and dad's number. I've seen that first hand!