Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quick Update

School is great. I am taking six classes and have all A's. Yay for me. Grace is doing wonderful. Getting more and more spoiled every day. I am looking into child care centers. I think part time would be great for her. She spends so little time with children her own age. We live in a rural area so there are no Mother's Day Out kind of things. She sees her friends at church once a week. I am hoping to get her into the child care center where I am doing my child care practicum. I work there four hours on Wednesday and do activities, lesson planning, etc. The director is the instructor of a couple of my classes.

This weekend I got together with old friends. We had the best time. These four are true friends. My friend Sandra has a daughter, Kennady, who is a couple of months older than Grace. I wish we could get together more often. Even though we live 5 minutes apart, it is tough with work, school, etc. I am going to make sure I do better about getting these two together more.

Grace almost seemed like she didn't know what to do with someone her size. She was much more interested in playing with my friend Melissa's daughter Claire, who is quite grown up and in school now. Here are a few pictures.

Kennady and Grace were playing nicely. Until they both discovered a keyboard. They were trying to push each other off the ottoman.

Isn't Claire beautiful?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your A's! I'm sure you'll kick butt in the future as well.

It's amazing how tall Gracie is looking. And yes, Claire is a very beautiful girl!

Kelly said...

I am so glad that school is going so well!! Gracie does look so big in these pictures. Kiss that little love from us all.

Sarah said...

That's fanastic that you've went back to school. So many people think about it, but never go for it. I think the education field needs people like you. You'll be a great teacher. Summer of 2009 really isn't that far away!
Gracie is just adorable. I'm always taken with her eyes, so beautiful.

Mab said...

Congrats on the all A's!!!
You go girl!!!
Can't believe how tall Gracie is!

Arlene

Susan said...

Congratulations on making the good grades! I'm so glad things are going well. I know you're terribly busy now, so thanks for keeping us all updated. How nice that friends were able to get together at last. Looks like fun!