Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Before Gracie

Life was much different before Grace. I was a completely different person that the mommy in me has trouble identifying with now. I don't know what I did with my time before I had Grace. I spent a lot of my time doing single people stuff with my single friends. I loved to paint. I traveled a lot. I loved my Minolta 35mm and I thought digital was a dirty word. I loved shooting and painting landscapes.

These days I spend a lot of time doing mommy stuff with Grace. Instead of oils I use finger paints. Travel is different, no more jumping on a plane with a carry on bag. Travel now involves many bags and is family focused as opposed to the self focused travel of the past. The Minolta is on a dusty shelf in the back of my closet. I now have the most vibrant, beautiful subject and I am leaving the landscapes to Monet.

I am now working on getting my negatives together and having them converted to digital images. This is a long overdue project. These photos were taken with my trusty Minolta and are from my last grown up trip to the south of France.


I stayed in Paris a couple of days before I took the train south. I am at a cab stand trying to get this shot as my cab drives up. I was practically lying on the sidewalk and the group of Japanese businessmen behind me got perturbed.




Mont Sainte Victoire - It was early morning and I was standing outside the kitchen of my apartment in my jammies.

Boating in Marseille


Marseille Harbor

Chateau d'If

No comments: