Sunday, June 28, 2009

Missing Child, Please Help

I have hugged Grace so tight today. My 10 year old cousin Lindsey is missing. It is like she just vanished. They have had two different sets of hounds track her and they all lose her scent in the same spot. I heard from them a few minutes ago and they have found nothing.

Lindsey's mom and I grew up together. I cannot imagine what Melissa is going through, not knowing where her daughter is...my heart is breaking for her. They live in a very small town in Washington state. We are from a very small town and when we were in elementary school a girl at my school was kidnapped, raped and murdered. I know that must be on her mind. Please pray that Lindsey is found safe. Here's a link to the story. If you'd like to post it on your facebook or send it out to your friends I'd appreciate it. You never know where she could be spotted.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

12 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, Sherri, I'm just heartbroken after reading this. I can't even imagine! Please keep us posted as you get more information. I'm going to pray like crazy for Lindsey, her parents, and everyone who loves her.

Kelli said...

I am so sorry to read this. My stomach just dropped. I will definitely spread the word- please let us know if you hear anything.

KrisJ said...

OMG Im saying prayers right now how horrible.

Chandra said...

Sherri I am so sorry. I pray that they will find her safe and sound.

Kelly said...

Oh no! I am praying diligently for them. I will post it on my FB and on my blog tonight. Sherri, I am so sorry. This is just horrible.

Laura said...

Sherri,

I've never commented on your blog, but have followed on and off for a few years. I'm so sorry to read about this. I'll keep your cousin and her mom in my thoughts. This is absolutely terrible and I cannot think of anything worse.

Donna said...

I am so sorry! I am going to say extra prayers tonight for her safe return. I can't even fathom what you and your family are going through but know that you are in my thoughts.

Mab said...

So sorry Sherri.....breaks my heart. I am praying now and will continue to..
Arlene

Nicki said...

I am so so sick about this Sherri. Please keep us posted. I will pray for the very best outcome....and fast!!!

Brenda said...

Sherri, I'm just reading this! I will post on my facebook as well. Nobody reads my blog since i just updated for first time in months. I will pray now and forward on.

Natalie said...

Hi Sherri. This is my first time to your blog via Susan's blog.
I am so so heartbroken for you all. I could not imagine what you're all going through. I will be praying and will share this story with our church family. I pray that God comforts all of you and protects Lindsey and sees that she makes her way back to the arms of those who love her so. Please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

I just came apound your blog i am hoping and praying for your family that Lindsey will come home safe to her loving family my heart goes out to you all
love kendra