Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Lucy Elise!!!!

One of my favorite girls is one year old today. Miss Lucy is growing up so fast. It is hard for me to believe that the girls are already one year old.

This was the first picture I saw of Lucy. Kelly and Justin had just gotten their referral and emailed me the photo. That evening I took this picture to church with me to show her off. At the time I was waiting for my referral and when I walked in with the picture everyone started screaming thinking she was mine! Little did I know that my Gracie was in the bed next to Lucy at that very moment.


Lucy was just the tiniest little thing when we met her in the orphanage. She was lost is the big red sweater she was wearing. When we left that day the girls were side by side in their beds.


The next day Lucy officially became Kelly & Justin's daughter. Here's Kelly and her daughter at the G&R. Lucy is once again dressed in a big sweater!


I am so thankful that I shared my trip to Vietnam with Lucy and her family. Here's a photo of Lucy, Kelly, Justin, Gracie and my sister Terri at our hotel in HCMC.


This is the last photo of Lucy and Grace together before we parted to travel home.
After being home for a couple of months we reunited in Nashville for a great visit.


Here's Lucy when we met up again in Nashville a couple of weeks ago.


Happy birthday Lucy! I can't wait to see you again. We love you.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You are so kind and sweet. Thanks for doing this post. It made me tear up. We love you guys so much as well and hope to see you all soon. Very soon!! I cannot believe how big our girls have gotten. They are such special girls. Thanks for being such wonderful friends. Our lives are forever linked because of these beautiful daughters of ours!