Monday, July 14, 2008

A few of the things I love about Grace

Since Gracie is going to be two on Thursday I thought I would take the next couple of days to share the small things I love about her. She has so much excitement for the things she loves. Music is one of her favorite things.

She sings constantly and when she is not singing she is standing by the stereo saying "music please." Then she will sit down in the floor and listen. She sits still and listens. AMAZING.

We watch the movie Annie all the time. Often we just watch the song and dance numbers. And it's not just Annie. She loves musicals - Hairspray, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Sound of Music you name it.

She also loves Justin Timberlake, her cousins introduced her to him. Non-traditional toddler music but she truly loves him. We have his concert on DVR and if anyone turns it on she will start waving her arms and dancing around saying Justin. The other day I was referring to Lucy's parents and when she heard me say the name Justin she started dancing in place and waving her arms.

I love the excitement and enjoyment she gets from music.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That would be awesome if Lucy's daddy was JT! Just kidding, Justin, we love you more. Okay, our girls are allowed to be 2, but no bigger than that. I can't handle it anymore. They are getting big so quickly. Doesn't it just feel like they turned 1?? Kiss that girl from us all.

Susan said...

Too funny about Justin! Your girl is a hoot. I actually have a little gift for her birthday, but I'm sad to say how AWFUL I am at actually mailing things. Heck, I still have YOUR birthday present! I guess that means we're just going to have to get together soon, huh? In the meantime, I'll try to get them shipped.

Two. Two? Two! That's crazy talk, isn't it? I'm trying to wrap my mind around the idea of TWO!

Kelli said...

That is so funny about Justin! I can just imagine Gracie rockin' out to a little Justin Timberlake!