Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!

We had a wonderful Easter. It is always nice being with family. This morning's service was wonderful and it is always nice to see the church full. I wish it were like that every Sunday. We have a wonderful church family, everyone is so caring and I feel blessed to have them in my life. In addition to all the loot she got from "the Bunny" and family, she left church with three Easter baskets.

I have been so proud of Grace and her awareness of Christian holidays. I want her to enjoy Santa and the Easter Bunny without losing the reason for the celebration and joy. She ADORES Santa and still is singing Jingle Bells. She was Miss Christmas and is still celebrating even though it is April. In spite of her love of the bright lights and Santa she would always tell you that Christmas is Jesus' birthday.

I wanted her to enjoy all the candy and fun while still knowing that Easter is about Jesus. Since resurrection is a bit much for a 2 1/2 year old, we said that Easter is Jesus' special day. She would always tell you that when you asked her...until today. I wanted to show my sister how smart Grace was so I said "tell Aunt Terri whose special day is Easter." She shouted happily "THE BUNNY!!!"

Just like last Easter she loves that crazy duck with the bunny ears. Sadly it sound really sick and I doubt it will be around next year.


Don't they look so sweet in their blue outfits? He is sooooo white. I am so used to Grace's skin that he looks so pale.


Isn't he adorable in his little hat?

2 comments:

Mab said...

Adorable pics!!!! So glad yall had a wonderful Easter.....:)
Grace is getting to be such a big girl! Where is the time going??

Arlene

Jeannie and Freddy said...

Gorgeous children!