Thursday, October 19, 2006

Look at Those Rosy Cheeks


I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. I guess I have been busy calling/emailing friends and also staring at her photos. I still can't believe how lovely she is. I want to kiss her cheeks over and over again.

I have the glider in her room now. I was dying to try it out, so I picked up Ellie (the dog) and attempted to rock her. She wasn't up for that and immediately jumped down. My father keeps ordering me NOT to put Ellie in the baby bed! I would never do that but Daddy seems terribly afraid after the rocking incident.

There was one little piece missing from the baby bed. It was a tiny piece. I am waiting for the shipment from the company. Her room is adorable. I can't wait to finish the bed so I can post pictures.

A big thanks to my friend Kelly (and thanks for the link idea) for her lovely words. It's funny, I have never met Kelly but she is a very dear friend. She was one of the first people I met after deciding to adopt. Our girls are now roommates and we will be traveling together, hopefully very, very soon!

Adoption is like that. During this process I have made so many friends online. Thank you all for your kind words. I treasure them all. I will keep them along with my blog on cd. What an addition to a baby book. It will be so wonderful for her to read it all someday.

Please know that I pray for all of you waiting for referrals, waiting to travel and just waiting in general. I pray that those of you who have returned will have an easy transition with your new family. Gracie is proof - prayer works!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you so much for the sweet words!! I consider you a very close friend as well and feel blessed that our pathes crossed. I sure do wish that we had some baby updates!

LaLa said...

Lucky me..living in TN ..maybe I will see that sweet face in person someday!!

Anonymous said...

Sherri, I'm so happy there's another little one coming to TN! She has such sparkling eyes! Congratulations!

Melissa
Mia's Mommy in Tennessee

Stepping On Legos said...

She is the sweetest thing EVER! You are so blessed!!!!!!!!! I am so jealous that you and Kelly get to travel together. I hope it is soon!!!

Melanie said...

I just found your blog...congrats with your referral of little Gracie. I hope you get TA really, really fast.

Anonymous said...

Sherri,

I am so happy for you and pray for you and Gracie to be blessed richly by God.

With love and special blessings,

Joan