Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Baby Grace is Sick

On Monday Grace woke up with a very stuffy head. She woke up from her afternoon nap with a temp of 101. The poor baby battled fever all night long. Tylenol and Motrin would get the fever down, but it would go right back up when the medicine wore off. She didn't sleep much that night. My baby just felt so bad.

She had a well baby appointment scheduled with the pediatrician on Tuesday. I showed up with a sick baby. Her temp was 101 when we got to the doctor's office. My poor baby had to go through all kinds of tests, one including a huge vial of blood. The diagnosis - Grace has the flu.

She did much better last night (thanks to the huge shot of antibiotics). Her fever stayed down for the most part and she slept well. She even woke up for a bottle. She had not had anything but juice and Pedialyte all day.

This morning she woke up free of fever. She had cereal and juice. Around lunch she had a bottle and then another this afternoon. Grace is on the road to recovery.

I felt so helpless, all I could do was pray. Having a sick baby is the worst. I thank God that she is better. Right now she is napping peacefully.

4 comments:

LaLa said...

So glad she is feeling better. You are right, a sick child is the worst. Look though, you survived your first Mommy crisis and did GREAT!!

Kelly said...

Lucy is sick again as well with another cold. I hate it and it breaks my heart when she is sick. I am so glad to hear that Gracie is on the road to recovery.

Jo said...

I am glad to hear she is feeling better.

Sarah said...

I hope Gracie is feeling better. It's hard to see your baby sick and fevers are scary.