Monday, March 12, 2007

Sorry for the Absence


I have become one of those "Mommy bloggers" that used to make me say - update already. What a disappointment huh? I have been chastised by friends Kelly and Susan. I pledge to do a better job in the future. That said, here's what's new.
My angel is all better. After about a week all l traces of the flu were gone. Thank you Lord. I prayed so much over my little girl. I felt so helpless, that's when it's comforting to know that He is in control. I want Grace to know the power of prayer. I know she doesn't understand now, but I have started praying out loud while I she is having her bedtime bottle. This way we won't have to start praying when she is old enough, we'll already be doing it.

Terri, my niece Kayla, Grace and I went to Nashville Saturday. Shortly after getting on I-40 we ran into a horrific traffic jam that was caused by a terrible, fatal accident the night before. They were attempting to move the semi truck that had fallen down a steep hill. It took two hours to travel three miles!

However all was forgotten when we reached our destination. We were going to Nashville to see Lucy! She has changed so much since we left Vietnam. This girl has a ton of hair! I have truly missed seeing her. We also got to see her mom Kelly and my dear friend Susan. Next time I see them Lily Ana will be with us! Susan will be traveling to bring her home any day now! Come on travel approval. Lily Ana is ready to come home! We also got to meet one of Kelly's sisters who was just as sweet as Kelly. And she is obviously crazy about her niece. We missed seeing Justin, but hopefully next time. It was so good to see the girls together. I have pictures. However I have misplaced the cord that downloads them to the computer. Soon - I promise.

Grace just absolutely thrives on action. After visiting Nashville, she has been talking nonstop. She just loves going to crowded places where she can watch people.
This concludes my long winded post. I will do better in the future.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ahhh, I knew you'd come through for us! Thanks for the update.

I had such fun visiting with you and Grace (along with Lucy, Kelly, and everyone) Saturday. I just wish we didn't live so far apart. I promise that we won't let that keep the girls -- and us -- from seeing each other often in the future.

Stepping on Legos said...

Aww, I'm so glad she's all better. illness is so scary - I swear it only gets better a little, the older they get!

Sarah said...

You're such a good mommy! Love the idea of praying aloud when they're little.