Friday, March 23, 2007

I've Been Tagged

My friend Susan tagged me. She wants me to share 10 odd things about myself. Here are the first five, the next five to follow. I know you’ll be waiting with breath that is bated.

1. My OCD is pretty much limited to one thing – travel. It doesn’t matter if it is a short weekend getaway or a long trip to Asia. I become obsessed with checking everything – again and again. I don’t want to forget something that I might need! I drove my sister crazy in Vietnam. I was constantly checking our passports, airline tickets, money and things in general. But I was validated when I almost left my money is the safe at our hotel in Hanoi! I was checking out when I remembered it so I was able to rush back up to the room.

2. Much to the chagrin of my entire family I cannot tolerate tomatoes. They grow their own, they love them that much. I won’t touch them and you can forget about if they are mistakenly put on or near my food. The said food has been corrupted by the juice and the seeds. Oddly enough I will eat tomato sauce. Italian food is my favorite. There is one condition-no chunks can be visible. I think it is a texture thing. They remind me of flesh.

3. Like Susan I HATE going to the grocery store. But my problem is unloading the groceries from the car. Please see the next item for further details. (Don't worry-baby food can be carried in one load.)

4. I have never been married. I always wanted to be married and have kids. Now that Grace and I are a family marriage doesn’t seem so important. It would be great for her to have a dad. But as far as I am concerned – it’s just not that important to me anymore. I am almost 39 and have been taking care of myself for a while now. Priorities change as you get older. Some of the benefits of marriage are someone make sure my car is maintained, someone to drop me off at the door when it is raining, someone to UNLOAD THE GROCERIES, etc. My married friends tell me it just doesn’t work that way. Don’t get me wrong-I would be thrilled to meet Mr. Right. If you know where he is please let me know. Its Mr. Right Now I don’t need.

5. I am bad at continuing past work relationships once I have left a job. It’s not that I don’t value them. I will think – I need to call her. But it is either late at night or I get distracted. More about my distractions in the next five odd things.

2 comments:

KelleyO said...

The tomotoes reminding you of flesh is so foul!!! You are so funny!! The work relationship thing is true for me too, kinda like out of sight out of mind.

Susan said...

I regret to inform you that we can no longer be friends. Not only are you unable to tolerate tomatoes, but they remind you of flesh. You are a sick, sick, individual!!! I'm sure that I will think about that everytime I bite into a tomato from now on. Just call me Hannibal Lector. :o)

Oops, I forgot I wrote about things that make me odd. I should probably be begging YOU to keep ME as a friend. LOL