Sunday, February 04, 2007

Celebrating the Baby



Last weekend was wonderful. Some friends threw a "Baby Celebraton" so that the community could meet Grace. It was a baby shower in the form of a bridal tea. Two hours of friends dropping by to meet my girl and wish us well. So many people have been praying for us all during the adoption process. It was great for everyone to meet her in person.

She was such a good girl. She didn't fuss the entire time. Everyone wanted to hold her and she didn't mind. She was a real charmer. More than 70 people were there!

It was overwhelming to see the gifts people brought for Grace. She got her first piece of fine jewelery, a ruby (her birthstone) baby ring. Someone gave us a handmade baby quilt, stitched especially for Grace. She received so many outfits, we'll have to play dress up one day just so she can wear them all. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends!

She had aunts, uncles and cousins that drove more than 2 hours just to be there for the day. Everyone was so excited to meet her, they have been hearing about her for so long. It's hard for me to imagine that she has been with me for less than two months. I feel like we have been together forever.

Earlier today I was looking at the footage from the first day we visited the orphanage. It seems like so long ago. And she looks so different. It is amazing how quickly she changes. I will work on getting some video up soon. Meanwhile I have posted some new pics. Click on the Flicr badge on the right of the page.

3 comments:

LaLa said...

What a cutie! Glad you had a good time. It is amazing how fast they grow!

Kelly said...

OH Gracie Girl!! The Pollards miss you and your mom and your aunt!! It is so great to get an update. Sherri, I can tell she has grown and changed so much. What a doll.

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

That is wonderful.

My husband and I really enjoy your blog.

www.bringhomelulu.com