Sunday, January 21, 2007

Growing Closer: Getting to Know Each Other

Grace and I are still learning about each other. She has such an amazing personality. She is happy and easygoing (except when she is hungry, all bets are off when hunger is involved). She is a sweet, sweet baby with the nicest cheeks I have ever seen. Gracie is very social and she will let anyone hold her. I have been waiting for the day when she would hold out her arms to me. Today I got something just as good. My sister was holding her and I walked up. She leaned for me. It's a good thing that Terri has good reflexes or she might have gone tumbling. Instead she dove right into my arms. A great mommy moment. Another great thing. She slept all night last night! 8pm-8am, that's two nights in a row.

A little tidbit about Gracie - she loves to sleep on her stomach. Her cradle in the orphanage was small and there was no way to turn over. She is digging her crib. She has the rooom to sleep however she chooses. Watch this and find out some other things about Gracie.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW!! I am totally impressed with your video making. Grace is doing so well. Lucy sleeps a lot, but she still takes at least 2 bottles in the night. I would give anything for an 8 to 8 sleep. That would be awesome. We miss you guys!! Tell Terri we said hello as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorable video! Gracie has the sweetest most feminine little laugh! I love it! And I LOVE her excited eating!! teehee! Thanks so much for sharing! Addy LOVED watching it too!

Susan said...

That just warms the heart, doesn't it? When she's eating, she's got the baby bird look down pat! Too cute for words.

KelleyO said...

She is sooo adorable! She loves her food! What a great video, thanks for sharing.

Rita said...

Sherri, she is just too cute for words. she really is such an adorable baby. glad you were able to post the video. it was a lot of fun to watch.

Sarah said...

Oh my! She is so cute! She was intently watching that spoon, hysterical. I'm so happy for you Sherri. I can tell you are loving being her mommy.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I love the video - what fun to watch her eat!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Sherri ! Grace is so pretty ! She is a very lucky little girl. I am so happy for you both. I check your website all the time !
Love,
Lou Ann

Emily said...

sherri-
she is adorable. so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Love the video! She is soooo cute! Hope you can vidoe again. Melissa

Nicole said...

Hi! What a beautiful little girl! I am very interested in adopting from Vietnam and was wondering if you would please share what agency you started out with and which one you switched to? I would really appreciate your help..
Thanks!
Nicole