Thursday, January 04, 2007

Shopping Day!

Today we went silk shopping. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! We found all these silk dresses, scarves, etc. at INCREDIBLE PRICES. Terri and I went nuts and found lots of stuff for friends and family.

We are having so much fun in HCMC. There is so much to do that the days go by quickly. Gracie loves the hustle and bustle of the city. Until now her entire life was lived in a little country orphanage in Que Son. She hates to go to sleep now. In Danang I had angel baby and here I have a little one that FIGHTS to stay awake. She will kick her legs, flail her arms, pull her hair and rub her eyes. Anything to avoid sleep! I think the babies are all so stimulated by the new experience and they don't want to miss anything!

This evening we went to a great Italian restaurant. We went with Justin and Kelly who adopted their Lucy from the same orphanage that Gracie was in. Gracie and Lucy slept in cribs side by side for their whole lives! Sometimes it seems as though they look at each other like "I don't know what is going on but you're here too so I guess it's ok!"

When I first met Grace it felt as if I was meeting a movie star - I had looked at her photo for so long and now I met her in person. Now it feels like she has been with me forever. She has three cries. One when she is hungry (it is very angry and demanding), one when she is sleepy (very whiney) and one when she is having a hissy fit (very shrill, almost like a little baby's cry). What a blessing she is.

4 comments:

Susan said...

That's such a good analogy -- meeting a movie star. What a gorgeous one she is, too! I love the fact that Gracie and Lucy are having fun together with their parents. Lucky babies, lucky babies!

LaLa said...

So glad you are doing well. I love the picture of the girls together. What sweeties!!! Sounds like you are really getting to know her. Such a great Mommy feeling isn't it. Have fun with the rest of your shopping

KelleyO said...

OOOOH I love shopping. Buy Gracie lots of goodies (and Mama too). It's so nice to hear that things are going so smoothly and that you are having fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having fun shopping! I love hcmc for the shopping!!

That's a priceless picture of Lucy and Gracie! Sweet!