Friday, January 05, 2007

Wild Friday Night in HCMC

Wild night consists of dinner and running back to the room to bath baby, feed her cereal and a bottle until finally she sleeps. She just doesn't want to sleep. I think she and I will stay in tomorrow and have a calm day. I have been spending too much money anyway.

I went shopping again today. I have been working on buying gifts for Gracie. I have 15 gifts. Some more expensive than others. I bought a great Asian Barbie, a jade necklace, a few ao dais/dresses, musical toys, etc. Even if she doesn't appreciate them when she gets them, I know that she will someday.

We had coffee at a little Starbucks-ish coffee shop by Saigon Center. There was a man sitting at a table with a couple of other men, very business looking. He got up and came over to where Terri, Kelly and I were sitting with the girls. He asked to hold Grace and he held her and told her she was a very beautiful girl and kissed her on the cheek. Then he handed her back to me.

I am ready to head on to Hanoi and get her visa. Everything has run very smoothly, just alot of waiting. But hey - that's nothing new. And I have Grace to keep me company.

7 comments:

Stepping On Legos said...

Sounds like a fun Friday night to me! haha. Have fun shopping - there is no good shopping in Hanoi, it is all very expensive and almost no bartering at all. I am just loving reading about your journey!

LaLa said...

Hey..that is about like my weekends here. Buy more than you think you should and you will still get home and wish you bought more!!

Sarah said...

Sherri,
I love reading your blog. Gracie is as cute as ever. Sounds like you have great gifts. Take care!

Susan said...

Your Friday night sounds perfect! I'm so happy you've been able to get out and about -- and that you've enjoyed your shopping expeditions. I hope Gracie has a nice calm day and is able to catch up on her sleep.

Hoping for an early return home for you!

Jo said...

Sounds great there, I can't wait to go. And, could Gracie get any cuter????

Anonymous said...

I am loving these updates. It seems like you have been gone forever! Take care.
Stacie

Shonda said...

Sherri! I am so excited for you! Mitch gave Sierra this address tonight so that we could see your beautiful little girl...he is so excited! You will be a wonderful mother, and I will check back in and keep up with ya! God bless you both!!
Shonda Rodehaver