Wednesday, January 10, 2007

We Got Gracie's Visa!!!!!

We got Gracie's visa and are ready to come home! We are trying desperately to get out of here early, but I am doubtful. However, we are all packed and ready to leave at a moment's notice. I know this is hard for Terri, she has never been away from her James and the kids for this long! No matter what I know that I will be home in Tennessee on Saturday morning! I can't wait until Grace meets the rest of the family.

I hope that she rests on the flights. I know that it is going to be difficult for her. She did very well on the two in country flights. She slept the entire flight from Danang to HCMC and was a good girl on the flight from HCMC to Hanoi.

She is very fussy today. I think she is kind of over all this travel too! We have also stayed in all day, waiting on visas and hoping for a positive email from the travel agent. That might also be a factor, she is very social and loves to be out among people.

One of my favorite things about Vietnam is the politeness of everyone here. The level of customer service is amazing here. When you call for a bellman to come to your room and get your bags, they are coming down the hall by the time you get to the door!!! It would take forever in the states!!!!! I have NEVER been called Madame so much in my entire life. They are very eager to make you happy. Go Vietnam!

Since hotels have been my life, here's another tidbit. All the hotels we have stayed in have had a complimentary breakfast buffet. Not continental breakfast consisting of coffee, Fruit Loops and stale danish. We are talking real breakfast buffets with omlet and waffle stations, twelve kinds of juices, a variety of Vietnamese foods and strangly enough - baked beans.

My daughter is wonderful, the shopping has been great, but I am ready to come home!

6 comments:

Susan said...

And everyone is ready for you to come home, too! As I type this, it's Wednesday night in Vietnam. The way I see it, you've got a little more time for some quality shopping, then you're on your way. See you at the airport Saturday!!

Sarah said...

Welcome to America, Gracie!!!

KelleyO said...

Baked Beans??? Weird! I hope you guys get earlier flights! I bet your family is excited to meet Gracie. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Jo said...

Hope you are able to get a earlier flight. Your family has to be soooooo excited to meet Gracie!!

S. said...

Congrats on getting the visa! Safe travels!

LaLa said...

YAY!! Get that girl home. Have a wonderful flight and give yourself time to get adjusted.