Sunday, December 02, 2007

My Little Vietnamese Jumper

Grace loves to jump. She has since the first day I met her. I called my parents from Vietnam and told them to go buy a Jumperoo so she would have it when we got home. Unless you have witnessed it in person there is no way you can imagine what a jumping wild woman she is.

Because of her love for jumping, I thought she might enjoy gymnastics. I found a gym with a toddler class and we tried it out on Saturday. It was very informal and we just sort of played around on things for a while. She loved the spring floor. Her favorite part of the day was playing on the big mats. Her favorite was the huge triangle mat that you could slide down. Here she is sliding down on her tummy.


She jumped on the trampoline and in the big jumper. The big jumper's net sides amazed her. She thought it was so cool that she could lean on them and they would move with her and still keep her from falling.




The big foam cubes were awesome! There was an area filled with spongy, foam cubes that were great! She had a great time playing with them. She was amazed that everything had this bouncy kind of surface.


The day was just as much fun for me as it was for Grace. By the way, I thought the spring floor was way cool too. Maybe next time I will try the uneven bars. Maybe not. I shouldn't get too carried away.

8 comments:

Stepping on Legos said...

Aww, she looks so happy! I just love our little jumping beans! It just cracks me up!!

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

You know, Kinhly is a huge jumper too. We're looking into a gymnastics class too but out days are already SO busy....I don't know if I can handle another activity! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sherri, Grace gets more beautiful everyday! Don't you wonder where they get their energy?
Melissa

Kristin said...

Ok, so that gym look like so much fun! I have to say, I'm a little jealous of all Gracie's fun... :-)

Sarah & Seth said...

That gym is way cooler than ours!! No fair...Grace looks so old in that second picture. I was just looking back at some pics from the summer and am just amazed!

MandyJo013078 said...

Sherri -
I found your blog through one of the other ones that I read. I'm a single gal that is trying to save up the money to start my adoption process! I just wanted to say that Gracie is beautiful and I'm so glad that you've shared so much in your blog! You are an inspiration to those of us out there who are looking to adopt as single moms! I am going to adopt from Russia, but Vietnam is my second choice. Anyway thank you so much for sharing - I appreciate it! Have a wonderful holiday and if you ever want to email or chat let me know!
Thanks,
MandyJo
Here is the blog that I've started:
http://2007-08russianadoptionblog.blogspot.com/
and my email MandyJo013078@yahoo.com
Did you use CHI - I'm thinking that will be the agency that I would like to use when I start the process!

Susan said...

Now THAT looks like big fun! I remember watching the video of the first time you met Gracie and seeing her kicking her legs while you were holding her. I think she may actually be the queen of jumping! Hmmm, perhaps you should buy her a tiara.

Give sweet Grace a hug from Petunia and me.

Jo said...

Cami is a BIG jumper too, I call her my little Vietnamese jumping bean.