Sunday, April 20, 2008

It has been a beautiful weekend. The weather has been perfect. We have made the most of it by spending lots of time outdoors. On Saturday we went to the Memphis Zoo with Aunt Terri, Kristan and Kayla. They have a fantastic zoo. Grace loved naming the animals and imitating how they sound. She really loved the sheep ane the ducks.





The Memphis Zoo has a fantastic Asian area. The pandas are the main attraction at the zoo, so they really did a fantastic job with the area. There are beautiful gardens, pagodas, etc. They had this cute, little hollowed out tree with a small panda sculpture where kids could have their picture made. Gracie was so cute. She reached down and petted the little panda.







I have a ton of pictures. Will post more later.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like lots of fun. The girls would have so much fun at the zoo together. I have got to figure out another time to come back to TN.

KrisJ said...

Those photos are beautiful! I love photo 1 so gorgeous!

Susan said...

We want to go there with you guys! How fun, and what a beautiful day Saturday was. Great photos!

dwayne and melanie said...

It's Melanie. Do you guys live in Memphis? I noticed you went to the Memphis zoo. Email me at zotdachs@comcast.net. If you do, I would love to meet Gracie. We live just 20 miles east of Memphis. Email me.

Kristin said...

I love the Memphis Zoo! When I was a kid growing up in Memphis, the zoo was pretty lame, but it has REALLY changed...it's so beautiful now!

Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherri,
I love the pictures of Miss Gracie is this post. They are so pretty!
I'm Susan's (of susan and lily ana)
best friend and she always talks about you two so I feel like we know you all. I enjoy reading your blog. Just wanted to say hi.
Gracie is soooo cute!
Arlene