Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More Pictures from the Weekend

Here are more pictures from the zoo. I especially love the last one. We were in the Asian area and Grace walked up to a statue of Buddha and started rubbing his belly! It was hilarious. I love the zoo and had a great time. However it does make me sad to look at some of the animals. Does the cheetah ever get to run at full speed? The bengal tigers were just sort of pacing around. Do they have exercise areas at zoos, places where animals can be taken to run freely? Anybody know? Anyway, I hope the animals don't lead sad lives. We sure enjoyed seeing them. Here in Tennessee there is an elephant sanctuary for female elephants. They have been neglected by their owners and get to retire to the sanctuary. Check it out.




2 comments:

Kelli said...

It would be great if they had somewhere for the animals to run! Love the pictures in both posts!

Terynn said...

Gracie has the most beautiful profile and expressive face...hey, wait a minute! I think I've posted that comment before. :~) Oh well. It's true!