Monday, May 05, 2008

A Great Birthday Present

Saturday was my birthday. The singer in the family gave me the best present. Grace sang Happy Birthday to me! The only words she sang were "Happy Birthday Mom" and she hummed the rest but she was perfectly in tune. Thanks to my mother for that surprise.

Grace's musical gifts have only surfaced recently. She sings constantly! And it amazes me that she can replicate a melody after only hearing it once or twice. She sings(using "da" in place of all works of course)both verse and chorus of Jesus Loves Me.

The best part is that she is happy. She will sing a song and then say happy, happy, happy. I love that.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Did you not get it on video???? That is so sweet. Tell her Uncle Justin is more than a little proud of her musical talents.

Anonymous said...

Ok that is just about the sweetest thing I have ever heard of! And I agree - we must have video!!!

Kelli said...

Definitely need the video!!!

Kelli said...

Oops- Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one!

Susan said...

Happy birthday! I have a little something for you, but I just haven't made it to the post office yet. (sorry)

I can't wait to hear Gracie sing. How sweet is it that she sang to you?! If that didn't bring tears to your eyes, I don't know what will. You've got quite a girl there.

Mia's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday! What an awesome gift! I want to see video too! I hope you had a great birthday weekend!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday, Sherri! Sounds like we'll be seeing Gracie on American Idol soon...how sweet!