Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

All my life we have spent Mother's Day at Memaw's. It was the one time that you saw all the cousins, aunts and uncles, family friends, etc. When my Memaw passed away the tradition continued at my Aunt Florence's house. She is my mother's only sister and they are very close. Grace adored my uncle. He has a sheep named Courtney that he raised from a baby and he took Grace out to pet her. After lunch Grace was sitting in his lap drawing a picture when she decided to lay back and take a nap.






I am happy to report that today I received a call from the office of one of my senators. A few weeks ago I wrote letters to my elected officials voicing my concerns over the situation in Vietnam. I am please to report that the person returning my call wasn't just a random staffer, but someone who knew exactly what was going on and he called to give me an update.

* I forgot to mention what the staffer told me. He was vague, but told me that the US had decided to actively pursue a new MOU with Vietnam. They will be working with reputable US adoption agencies/officials to help this process.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Mother's Day! Looks like Gracie had a blast!

So, what did the staffer from your senator's office tell you?

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love the new look of the blog btw. But still miss Elvis Gracie.

Kelli said...

I agree with Chandra- the new blog looks great! Love that picture of Grace! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's day. Also always good to hear good news from the government!

Kelli said...

Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for sharing the news about the MOU. I pray something can be worked out. Thank you for sharing Grace with all of us "still waiting" Vietnam moms.