Friday, January 16, 2009

Healing Nicely



Doesn't her face look great? I am so glad, I was afraid that it would scar her pretty face. And she has also quit running out the door ahead of me, I hate that it took a nasty fall but at least one positive thing came out of the incident.

Today has been a very frustrating day for me. The saga started last week when I found out that I could get initial licensure to teach through the masters program. I thought I needed to do the undergraduate work, but I could get my masters without doing any undergrad work. So I decided to enter the graduate program. It wouldn't even take any longer for me to get my masters than it would to get the undergrad degree in education. It is very sad that no advisor or professor shared the information with me about this option.

Since I just made this decision last week I have not had the graduate exam needed to enter the program. I was told that I could however take a couple of classes. I have been waiting all week for them to process my application so I could register. I went to see them face to face today. As it turns out I need a 3.0 GPA to take classes without passing the GRE first. I have a 2.96 and they were unwavering. I sincerely wanted to punch this lady in the face. I mean come on! So that means I can't take classes this semester.

The awful part is I feel like I will be wasting time until June. I was in school full time, I have no job. What do I do? My plan is to substitute teach and in the summer I can take grad classes full time. What else can I do? Today was my sad day. Tomorrow will be better and summer semester will be here before I know it.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Her face is looking beautiful...of course. Sorry for your bad day.

Kelli said...

Don't you just love the lack of communication when it's your future career at stake? I had so many frustrating moments with my grad program. And haven't they heard of rounding up- geez.

Glad Gracie is healing nicely!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I think I would've punched her in the face. Ughhh...

I hope you're able to get it worked out!

Mab said...

I'll bet Gracie is totally healed by now! :)

Have you started substituting yet?
If so, are you having fun yet??
(I am saying/typing that very sarcastically, can you tell?)

I hated reading that you were having to sit out a semester. That stinks! You should have punched her in the face like Kristin said! You would have felt better! :)

Hang in there! There's a reason for everything. (don't you hate when someone says that?)

Arlene