Monday, February 23, 2009

Good Friends

I am a little behind posting this, but Grace and I had such a fun time last weekend. We traveled to meet Cliff, Chandra and Boo. I feel like I have known Cliff and Chandra forever and it was great to meet them in person and to see Boo who I have followed for so long. Also there were our very dear friends Susan and Petunia who I feel like I have known forever.

We meet up in Susan's room at our hotel. Petunia and Boo were so sweet and shared their toys with Grace. We had the best time. We visited, ate lunch and went to a nearby farm. The girls had fun watching the horses and the ducks. I barely got any pics because I couldn't let go of Grace. She was determined to get in the water and see the ducks closer. I have no doubt that if I had let go we would have been fishing her out of the pond.

Grace is such an inquisitive (a nice word for nosy) child. My family keeps telling me I am paying for my raising because I was the same way. The hotel room was such a playground for her. New stuff to explore. She loved hiding in the closet (she is not at all afraid of the dark) and got so upset when I didn't look for her. She also had big fun cleaning the room. That's what I said - cleaning the room. My mother has passed on her OCD onto Grace. My mother is a clean freak, she sees a little spot on the floor and has to wipe it up immediately. Grace has seen this so much she imitates Nanny. In the hotel room she occupied herself by taking a washcloth and scrubbing the windows, sofa, etc. I have some great video of her cleaning frenzy that I spontaneously took on my cell phone. I just have to figure out how to edit it. I kept turning the phone and some of it is sideways. It is hilarious though.

When we woke up Sunday morning Grace was immediately ready to go downstairs for breakfast. I was juggling Grace, coffee, etc. and was trying to get juice. Sitting a couple of feet from us there was this nice older couple we had met the day before. Grace walked up and began talking to them. I glanced away for a second and I heard her ask the man to pick her up. I then turned around she was in the man's lap eating eggs! That scared me to death, that happened so fast and I was practically standing beside them. I am so glad she is friendly, but Grace is too friendly. She likes to say hi to people and talk to them, but she has never asked someone to pick her up before. Scary moment aside, it was a fantastic weekend. I hope we can do it again soon. I did manage to get a couple of photos while holding onto Grace...

Gracie and Petunia playing at the hotel. Petunia is such a little petite thing, Grace towered over her.


Grace and Boo admiring the horses. Grace found a spot where one side of the bottom bar was down. Fortunately I caught her just as she was going in.


Boo is just as sweet as she looks. She has the sweetest smile and those cheeks are just as awesome in person.


Petunia and her Mommy admiring the ducks.

6 comments:

Mab said...

Sounds like yall had an awesome weekend! I'm jealous!
Glad yall all got to get together!
:)
Arlene

Mab said...

Sounds like yall had an awesome weekend! I'm jealous!
Glad yall all got to get together!
:)
Arlene

Mab said...

OOPS!! Don't know how it posted twice. Sorry!
A.

Kelli said...

So I said it on Susan's and Chandra's blogs- I am so jealous! I want to meet all of you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to visit us! We loved meeting you and Grace, you're both sweethearts!

Susan said...

Okay, yours is the second blog (that I know of) that isn't showing up on my blog update list. I really don't know what's happened, but I'm missing good stuff!

We're so glad we were able to spend a couple of days with everyone. I truly can't wait to do it all again.

I've now witnessed it first hand how much Gracie keeps you hopping! That girl! :-)

Hugs to both of you from Petunia and me.