Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Love Mother's Day!!!

Mother's Day is a very, very big deal in our family. For my entire life we have gone to visit Mother's family on that day. My Memaw passed away a few years ago, but my Aunt Florence carries on the tradition. It is the one occasion when everyone does their best to be there and we always have lots of extra friends join us. We even visited with my cousin Paul and his family, who live in Brazil, via Skype.

My desire to be a mother was always magnified on this day. The year I was waiting for a referral was particularly melancholy. Now it is such an awesome thing to be there with my Mother and daughter. It was a great days as always.



Grace with her cousin Claire. We are so proud of Claire. She just lead her team to victory in the Arkansas high school softball championship. She is a freshman and a pitcher who was chosen MVP!!




Three mothers I admire so very much. My mother, my Aunt Florence and their cousin Eda Claire

3 comments:

Susan said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you! I remember you telling me how it's a super big deal at your house. I think that's fabulous.

I'm so happy you're going to start blogging regularly. I hate missing out on what's going on with you and Gracie, and we just don't seem to find enough time to chat on the phone. Keep the pictures coming.

Kelly said...

Happy Mother's Day a little late! You are an awesome momma to Miss Gracie.

I am so behind on everything. I feel like I don't have 3 minutes to catch my breath, so sorry for being so out of the loop most of the time all of the sudden.

We think of you girls often and love you both so much. Kiss Gracie from us all.

Kelli said...

Sounds like you had a great mother's day!