Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Favorite Face


As you are reading this I hope that you will take a moment right now and say a prayer for a very dear friend of mine. She is facing some possible health concerns. She is a great wife, mom and friend. She was one of the first people I told about my decision to adopt and she has always been so supportive. I love her very much.

This is my favorite face. This is also my favorite expression on that face. Some in my family call it the "Elvis Face" while others call it "The Bad One Eye." Whatever they call it, I call it beautiful. This is Grace's signature look. I will ask her a question or say something to her and she gives me the look. I crack up every time.

My friend Amee took some photos of Grace about six weeks ago. She is an extraordinary photographer who always manages to capture a child's personality. We got some of the usual photos. But what I treasure are the ones that capture Grace's personality. Below are two more of my favorites. The first one...she was still getting used to her two bottom teeth and she was constantly running her toungue over them. I got the sweet pink dress in Vietnam. The second depicts the true love she has for her feet.

I am so thankful that Amee captured this face and these expressions so I can always remember. My baby is growing up. Grace is ten months old today!!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

I did not even know about that Elvis face and I sure wish I had known sooner!! That would make anyone smile no matter what was going on. LOVE IT!! The pictures are beautiful. We love and miss you guys and hope we can get together soon.

KelleyO said...

Wow! What beauiful pictures! Looks and personality.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are gorgeous. The Elvis face is the best thing ever! Truly, that is classic!

Jo said...

The Elvis face picture should be in a baby ad some where...

So cute!!!!

Jennifer G. said...

Oh my gosh, that expression is just hilarious!