Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My First Mother's Day

I got the greatest Mother's Day gift - Gracie finalllllly said Mama on
Saturday! Grace looking in my eyes and saying Mama, that is the best. My mom also got me some lovely spring flowers for my front porch. The card was signed by Grace, Mother helped Grace sign the card with her handprint and footprint! What a treasure.

I must mention a couple of great gifts that two of my friends received. Susan is home from Vietnam with Lily Ana! And Jo finally got to see the beautiful face of Miss Cami Anh and she is precious! I'll be praying for quick travel approval so they can be together soon.

Mother's Day has always been a big deal in my family. We always went to my grandmother's outside of Memphis, that is where my mother grew up. Everyone was at Memaw's for Mother's Day. It was the one time that you saw all the cousins, aunts and uncles, family friends, etc. When my Memaw passed away the tradition continued at my Aunt Florence's house. She is my mother's only sister and they are extremely close, they were born only 10 1/2 months apart!

Last Mother's Day I remember being at Aunt Florence's and praying that I would have my daughter with me on Mother's Day 2007. Well this year Grace was the belle of the ball!

Her is Grace with her Aunt Florence. Grace really checked her out. I think it is because she and my mother look so much alike.


This is Grace getting some loving from Aunt Dee.

2 comments:

Jo said...

I am glad to hear how great your Mother's Day was, I had a great one too!!! I call my grammy Memaw too.

Kelly said...

Happy Mother's Day and I am glad it was a fun day for you and Grace. She is getting prettier and prettier every time I see a new picture.