Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Crystal's Wedding



Isn't my niece stunning? I have never seen her as beautiful as she was on her wedding day. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. I suppose brides should be the most beautiful on that day. They take all that extra time to groom and get ready.

There was only one person who could rival the bride. Grace. The photographer got the sweetest picture of my brother, the father of the bride, blowing bubbles for his niece. She was captivated.

Grace looked so pretty in her beautiful dress. However her hair was in her eyes all day. We lost her bow somewhere between home and the church.





Out of all the memories I have from Crystal's wedding day, one stands out from the rest. Grace, my sister and I rode with my parents. As we were driving down the road, my seat belt locked. No big deal. Happens all the time, right? As I always do when this happens, I unbuckled the belt and pulled on it to unlock it. When I did this about a foot of my hair was pulled into the seatbelt mechanism. We were about 30 minutes from home and I had to ride holding my head about 2 inches from the seat. Those were the longest 30 minutes of my life! By the time we got home I was screaming for someone to give me scissors. The funny thing is that you couldn't tell where I had cut myself free. And it was a big hunk of hair. I had been growing my hair to donate to Locks of Love. After that ordeal I decided it was time to cut it. The next week I donated a 13 inch pony tail.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Sherri, show us your new hair!! I can't wait to see it. And yes, Grace was beautiful at the wedding.

RamblingMother said...

Those are great pictures of Grace and the bubbles. Amazing what bubbles will do to a child.

Beverly

Emily said...

grace is such a beauty.

i can't believe that happened to your hair! i swear my family would have left me in the car...just to get a really good laugh:)

Susan said...

Your niece and Grace looked beautiful on the big day. Love the bubbles photos. And, oh my gosh, I cannnot wait to see your new 'do. What a very generous (and time consuming) thing you did when you grew out your hair for Locks of Love.

Mia's Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! That's horrible about your hair! I think I would have panicked and ripped it out myself. You're niece is beautiful! Grace is her usual stunning self!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are great. I'm sorry to laugh about your hair, but I have had sooo many hair tragedies in the car (I have very big hair), that it is comforting to know it isn't just me. At least the remaining got to go to such a great cause.

Anonymous said...

I just love the pics of Gracie and the bubbles! Sorry about the hair emergency...you have much more patience that I do. I would've left the car with a bald spot.