Saturday, January 12, 2008

Company's Coming!!!

I am so excited. My friend Susan and her adoable Petunia are coming to visit one week from today! Susan helped me keep my sanity (and my friends) during Grace's adoption.

Susan and I talked on the phone almost every day. We talked about what our daughters would be like, if they were born yet, how big they would be (shopping purposes), etc. We talked about our girls incessantly. Without her as my sounding board I probably wouldn't have any friends left. Now that we are both busy, single moms we rarely get to talk. It will be so great to have the day to catch up and watch our girls play together. The only thing that would be better is if Lucy could come. Hopefully we will all get together soon.

You will never believe what Grace's new "thing" is. If she is down on the floor and needs some attention, she will touch her forehead to the floor (just a light tap). She will then put her hand on her forehead like she is injured. Then she starts the fake cry and walks up with arms outstretched. All that just to get picked up - and it works on everyone except for her cousin/babysitter Kristan and me. Here are a few pictures of my drama queen.



5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, and Petunia and I are looking SO forward to the visit! We can hardly wait. You and I did do a pretty good job at keeping each other sane, didn't we? I know my other friends thank you, too. It is sad that we don't have the opportunity to chat that often, but I have a feeling we'll make up for it Saturday.

That's too funny about Grace faking her injuries. With any luck, I'll get to see it next week.

One last thing... that dress Gracie has on is to die for! I'm really loving it and wishing Petunia had one. :o)

Chandra said...

I can't wait to see photos of Gracie and Petunia together! They are both such cuties.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the fake crying!!!!!! That's hilarious! Addy has that awesome dress in blue-green. I love it! So jealous of your real life connections and hang-time with Petunia and her mama!

Kelly said...

I am so sad and jealous of your weekend together with the girls!!!!!! I wish we were coming, too. Love and miss!

Anonymous said...

Fake injuries, already! That is hilarious.