Friday, January 04, 2008

More Nostalgia

On our first Family Day (well actually the day after) Grace and I began a tradition. When I was in Vietnam, I got her tons of gifts. Things in various sizes and suitable for various ages. My plan was to celebrate our Family Day by giving her a gift from Vietnam each year. Looking through the trunk of treasures I decided that this pink ao dai might be too short for her next year. So I dressed her up for a photo and the ao dai went back into the trunk. I want these to be treasures she will have when she is old enough to appreciate them.


When I was in the trunk, I took out the bag containing the clothes she had on when they brought her to the G&R. I took them downstairs so my mother and I could look at them and be all sentimental. Since we were changing her clothes anyway, I decided to dress her up in her "orphanagewear." Check her out - then and now.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl has GROWN! I love that tradition. Last year we gave her stuff on Christmas but I didn't like that - they just got lost in all the other toys and stuff. I think we'll give her something on her G&R day instead from now on, too!

Susan said...

Yay! Your first gift-giving for family day! How fun. And it's always good to take a sentimental journey from time to time. Gracie looks beautiful in pink.

I told my mom about my idea about the curio cabinet and now she wants me to get one. Hmmm, gotta think about it.

KrisJ said...

awww that is just so sweet and wow has she grown! Congrats on your family day!