Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy Birthday Nanny!!

Yesterday was Mother's birthday. She is know to many as Nanny. When my niece Crystal was born, my mother decided she wanted to be called Nanny by her first grandchild. She thought it sounded alot like her name - Nancy.

We all got together and grilled steaks last night. Earlier in the day I went and bought the birthday cake, potatoes, salad, etc. While I was out I picked up some things for myself. Some great, inexpensive t-shirts in a variety of colors, new underwear, etc. I also began picking up various medicines for the trip. That stuff is so expensive that I want to pick up a little at a time. That way I won't go into shock about the price of the otc medicines we'll need.

I have to think about something other than the baby (the inhumanity). I have to think about work this week. I am the fundraiser for the local PBS staton. We do two pledge drives each year. The August drive started last night. I hate pledge drives. They are, in my opinion, a terrible way to fundraise.

Can I concentrate on something other than my referral? I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: