Friday, August 11, 2006

You HAVEN'T Got Mail

I am an insane person who checks her email constantly!! Everytime I expect to see that someone has gotten a referral and I am a bit closer. Even better - sometimes I think that MY referral could be in there.

I seriously need to relax.

That is easier said than done. With each passing day I become more impatient. I want to see her face and, as my friend Susan has heard over and over, I want to know how much she weighs. It's all about the shopping.

For now my world is filled with uncertainties. How long until my referral? How old is she? Once I get my referral, how long until I travel. Will my friend Susan and I get to travel together to get our daughters? Will airline restrictions prohibit me from bringing my laptop and new camcorder in my carry on luggage? Most importantly...how much will she weigh?

This is how my mind is working these days. Scary huh? Questions in my head. Over and over again.

I had a weird dream last night. I was at my house and I see my sister Terri (who is traveling with me to Vietnam) walking up the driveway. Terri is carrying a little Vietnamese boy she has just adopted. If you know Terri this is funny. She has raised two children and her youngest is a senior in high school. She doesn't want any more children. She said she will be more than content to rock MY baby.

I want to rock my baby too. I hope that I can do that soon.

No comments: