Sunday, September 17, 2006

When?

I know that I am being redundant. I can't help myself. Those of you who are adopting understand how I am feeling.

I should be getting my referral at any time. But I am trying to keep myself calm. I know that anything can happen. Here's the facts. There are supposed to be at least three referrals this month. I am number four, but one of the people ahead of me is someone waiting for a 3-5 year old girl. Logically one of these referrals should be Grace.

But Grace and my fates are so dependent on outside factors. Will the agency offer this mystery person an infant? Will they want an infant? Strangely the wait for older children is long. They might want to get their child now. Or they might not want to even consider a younger child. The uncertainty of it all.

I pray for referrals on Monday. I pray for Grace's referral on Monday.

No comments: