Saturday, November 25, 2006

Where Grace Lives (for another month)

I really wanted to know more about where Grace lives, so I posted on the internet. I was looking for any information about Quang Nam province. A lovely lady answered my post. She and her husband traveled to Vietnam a few years ago to bring home their daughter. She has graciously allowed me to post some of her photos of Hoi An.

Many of the buildings look burned, like they were still in disrepair from the war.


I love this picture because it depicts how old and new mesh in their culture (or at least that is my perception). There are ladies in conical hats and a man transporting ice by bicycle. In sharp contrast there is a woman riding a motorbike. I can't wait to see their culture with my own eyes.

Finally, I leave you with a photo that is very typical of what we know about Vietnam and a huge source of livlihood for many families there...boats in a fishing village. Linda - thanks for letting me share your photos.

4 comments:

LaLa said...

Thanks for the photos. Now go get Gracie!!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I know your Christmas will be even better!

Susan said...

These are great pix! Is it me, or do the streets look amazingly clean? I love that.

Destination Motherhood said...

That is so neat! I love those pictures.

Anonymous said...

I was happy to share the photos for you Sherri! I can't wait to see some of the ones you take while you are united with your beautiful and precious daughter! Best wishes for a happy and safe journey of a lifetime!
Enjoy,
Linda