Friday, December 01, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane??

I am beginning to doubt that I will even be able to find a seat on a plane?!? We are supposed to be spending Christmas in Vietnam. However, I still don't have a definite date for the G&R. I am afraid that I might have to rob a bank to buy plan tickets. Even worse than expensive tickets, what if I can't get a seat on ANY flight! My agency's facilitator told me that wouldn't be a problem. THAT DID NOT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER. He can give me a date and that will make me feel better. I just need to chill and remember that the travel agents have extensive experience with adoption travel.

Now I must put my selfish whining aside and attend to more important business. Tonight I am sending up special prayers for three lovely little girls - Lucy Elise Pollard, Lily Ana Hamilton and Olivia Grace Puckett.

Baby Lucy is Grace's roommate, they have been friends for quite a while now. We haven't seen Lily Ana's face yet, but we know that she is somewhere in Vietnam waiting on her mom. Lucy and Lily Ana are very fortunate, they both have exceptional mommies who love them more than they could ever imagine. I am very thankful to call them my friends.

I pray that somehow these girls can feel the love that their mothers have for them, how we carry them in our hearts. Bless the girls and keep them safe. Bring us together soon.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Did you HAVE to make me tear up?? Thank you, my friend for all the lovely thoughts. Oh, and may I mention that Miss Gracie has a pretty special mom, too? I just can't wait to get our little girls together on this side of the pond!

Lily Ana's Mom

Kelly said...

I just cried too!!! You are so sweet. Gracie is blessed to have you and we are all blessed to have one another. Hopefully we will get word this week. We will get travel dates and Susan will finally get to see Lily Ana. What an exciting week that would be.

Lucy Elise's Mom

Sarah said...

Praying that you get your G&R date soon. I would be going crazy, too.
I'm such a planner and this part of the wait will be difficult. Hopefully, you'll hear tomorrow.

sarah