Saturday, December 30, 2006

Finally-I can get on the internet!

What a trip!! We had the G&R on the December 28th and are hanging out at the hotel until New Year's Day when we will fly to Ho Chi Minh City. We are all getting a little stir crazy. Internet and phones here are horrible due to the earthquake in Taiwan. Doesn't make sense to me but that is what they say!

About Gracie...she is such a good baby! I can't believe how blessed I am because she is so healthy, easy-going and inquisitive. She will sit and look around at the people and the lights. Ceiling fans captivate her and she is not scared of loud noises. It is a new world for her. She is very active. She will stand in your lamp and jump. I always wear out first. Earlier today she wore me out and I handed her to Justin. She wore him out and was still ready to jump. I must have a Jumperoo!

She was worn out last night. All she is used to doing is eat and sleep. When we were at the orphanage the nannies would stick a bottle in their mouth and swing them in their cribs (swing them high) until they fell asleep. When they woke up, they did the same thing all over again.

We went to bed at 7:30 (when I say we I mean ALL three of us) and she slept until 11 pm when she woke up and whined for about two minutes. She woke up for a bottle at 3 am. After giving her a bottle, I was up for the day. That is how it is for Terri and I, in bed at 7 and up at 3 or 4. We are getting plenty of sleep, we are just really messed up on time. After her bottle she slept until 7:30. During the day she takes 15 minute power naps all throughout the day. It feels like she is always taking a nap, but it never lasts for long. Again, she took lots of naps at the orphanage.

Kelly, Justin, Lucy, Gracie, Terri and I went into Hoi An earlier today. We were so glad to be out of the hotel. It was great. So many quality silks and handmade crafts for such small sums. And you can bargain for the price. I am doing quite well at that, Daddy will be proud.

It is 7pm and Grace has had her bath and is sleeping on the bed like an angel. She is so beautiful. I will post pictures whenever I can. We will be leaving for Ho Chi Minh City on Jan 1 and internet will hopefully be better there. Love to all. We are doing good.

11 comments:

KelleyO said...

Yay!!! I missed you! I'm so glad Gracie is such a sweetie. I can hardly wait to see pictures. Get as much rest as you can New Mama you're going to need it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jo said...

So good to hear from you. Can't wait to see Gracie's picture.

Erin said...

I'm really enjoying following your journey! I hope to be in your shoes sooner than later. Gracie sounds absolutely amazing! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you! Sounds like Gracie is doing absolutely great. Can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see your little jumping bean. See you soon.
Karen and Scott

Stepping On Legos said...

oh hurray! I am so happy to hear your update but it is missing one important element. PICTURES!!!!!!! Gracie sounds just perfect and wonderful. The jumperoo rocks - she will LOVE that!!! Congrats on new Motherhood and your wonderful Gracie!

Sarah said...

Sherri,
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you and Gracie. It's great to hear from you. Take care and post when you can. We all live for the new updates.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll have lots of stories to tell little Miss Gracie when she grows up. You are both very blessed to have each other -- remember that it works both ways. You're going to be a great Mommy!!

kcc

Susan said...

I could not be happier for you! Give little Gracie kisses for me, will you? I can't wait to meet her.

Looking forward to LOTS of photos!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's so good to hear that you have Gracie and what a great little baby she is!! She sounds quite spunky...and sweet! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Jo said...

The pictures are so sweet.