Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I can't wait...

Finally, I have booked my flights. I thought this would never get done. I leave Nashville on Christmas Eve morning! Two weeks from tomorrow is my G&R. Grace and I will officially be a family!!!

My mind is always thinking of things I need to pack or pick up or finish arould the house. I wake up every couple of hours. I think God wants me to get used to sleep deprevation!

This is a bit surreal. It's hard for me to believe that she will soon be sleeping in the bed that has been empty, just waiting for her to come home. I try to imagine what our first days at home will be like. I can't wait to see her smile for the first time. She wasn't smiling in any of her photos and I try to imagine what her smiling face looks like.

I can't wait to hold her in my arms and kiss her sweet, chubby cheeks.

8 comments:

Destination Motherhood said...

good luck with your packing, your almost there :)

Sarah said...

Fanastic news! Just a few more days and you'll be holding Gracie.
Can't wait to hear about your G&R.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. As a single PAP waiting on news in Ontario I am looking forward to following your journey. Will you be travelling alone?

Bev from Canada

Susan said...

Even after all the waiting, it's almost freaky that you're really about to get on that plane! Aaaahhhh! I'm so very happy for you, my friend. I can't wait to meet your lovely baby girl in person.

KelleyO said...

I'm so excited for you. I can hardly wait to see pictures.

LaLa said...

Go get her already...LOL Do you want company at the airport?? Let us know...

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to read all about your beautiful baby girl.

Stephanie

Brenda said...

What a great Christmas you'll have!
Will be excited to hear about your trip. Best Wishes!