Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Countdown - Seven More Days

Grace is five months old today. On her next birthday she will be at home with her Momma, sleeping in her own bed (assuming we stay on schedule). This time next week I will be on an airplane heading to Vietnam and my daughter.

My daughter. Doesn't that sound wonderful? This week a coworker's daughter came by with her baby. I asked the baby's age and she told me that he is five months old. Without thinking I replied "my daughter will be five months old on the 17th." I realized as soon as I said it - I said "my daughter." It felt so good to say!

I am trying to finish packing. I still don't know what I am wearing for the G&R. I also need to pack a pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt. I keep reading that people are getting cool in the evening.

I received the visas. I still haven't gotten an in-country itinerary. I can't wait until I can see where we'll be staying. One week more.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!! Your momma is almost there. We are so close. I really can't wait to see you and Grace together. We are going to have so much fun in Vietnam! I am still waiting to hear where we are staying as well. I want to know so badly.

KelleyO said...

I'm so excited for you. Please take lots of pictures and keep us posted. I'll be checking your blog daily.

LaLa said...

Daughter is possibly the most beautiful word in the world..well, until your daughter says Mama then that is!!! Happy packing!