Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hello from Danang

After lots and lots of flights, we are in Danang! We arrived in HCMC and had about three hours to shower (we were so stinky)before we flew to Danang. We are staying at Sandy Beach and it is lovely. There is a large terrace that overlooks the pool and the ocean. It is just a couple of doors down from our room.

After a year of emailing, I finally got to meet my friend Kelly. She is just as sweet as I knew she would be. The orphanage where our girls have been living is very small. Quoc (our guide) told us today that there are less than 10 babies in that orphanage!

There are two other families traveling. One is a single woman adopting a baby girl who is at the Hoi An orphanage and the other is a couple adopting a 5 month old boy from the Que Son orphanage where Gracie and Lucy have been living.

HERE'S THE BIG NEWS - I will be meeting Gracie in about 14 hours! It is 8pm here and we will be leaving for the orphanage after breakfast. This is the moment I have been waiting for. I can't wait to post tomorrow and tell you all about her.

My body is tired, but my heart is full.

16 comments:

Jo said...

Great to hear you are there. I can't wait to see pictures of you with Gracie.

LaLa said...

Oh I am so happy for you and for Kelly. Glad you met and soon you will be holding that sweet girl!!! Have a wonderful time, relax you will do great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherri, I am so very excited for you and can't wait to meet Gracie. Let me know when you are arriving in Nashville airport. I will be dropping Stephen off at the Nash airport that day and would love to try and meet you there to greet you and Gracie home. We love you and are so proud for you all.
Sandra, Taylor and Kenady

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've made it to Danang! Get some rest tonight and have a fabulous Gracie Day tomorrow! Can't wait to see the pictures after your G&R!

KelleyO said...

Sherri, I'm glad you made it there safe and sound. Your hotel sounds beautiful. I'll be checking our blog often for updates especially tomorrow. I'm so excited for you!

Susan said...

YAY!!!! So glad you made it safely and I can't wait for photos. My heart is full for you.

Stephanie said...

So happy you made it there safely. I can't wait to here about your 1st meeting with your baby girl.

Stephanie

Brenda said...

Sherri, I'm so excited for you and Gracie! Can't wait to hear all about her! It will very soon now!

stacie c said...

sherri, so glad that you have had a safe trip. I know that you and Teri must be tired, yet so excited at the same time. cherish this time, it will pass so fast. you are in my prayers.
stacie

stacie c said...

Sherri: I am so glad that you and Teri have made it there safe and sound. I know you must be tired, yet elated. Cherish this time, it will pass so fast. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

LaLa said...

Gracie...are you being a good girl for Mama?? Can't wait to see those photos and hear all about your day. I hope it was all you hoped for and can't wait to meet her in TN some day soon!

Anonymous said...

Sherri, I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to meet baby Gracie! She is so lucky to have you for her Mom.
Melissa

onecrzeemomof5 said...

Hey Sherri it is Shannon! We are praying for you and can't wait to see more pic's of Gracie!! Love and prayers from MS!!

Anonymous said...

HI Sherri,

I am so excited. Watching for every word!
Love,
Maxine

KelleyO said...

I bet the reason that there has not update is because of the Earthquake in Taiwan, it knocked out the internet. I heard this from a family that is there right now.

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, I've tried a couple of times to leave you comments -- hope this works. I'm so excited for you and our family. you know, I'm probably the only one who truly knows how exciting this is for you. I've always said that I'm sure birth parents love their children as much as adoptive parents but probably don't appreciate them as much 'cause we had to work harder. I can't wait to meet Grace. Praying for everything to go as planed and for your safety. Hello to Terrie. Love, Melba