Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's Almost Time!!!!

I can't believe that I am leaving for Vietnam tomorrow. I am going crazy trying to get packed. I am taking so much for her, I have to because you all know how I have been shopping for her. And it is doubtful she will be able to wear these clothes in the summer. Also, who knows what size she will wear.

I am worried that I am not taking enough for myself. I need to check with my sister and see if she has any room in her suitcase. But knowing her she hasn't begun to pack, even though we will be leaving home at about 6am tomorrow and we are having our family Christmas today. I still have to wrap!

I cannot believe that I will be holding Grace in my arms on Tuesday (Monday night here). I have waiting for this moment so long!! This may sound weird to many, but I am trying to prepare myself for the possiblity that I may not hear angels singing and feel immense love for her the moment I see her. Many have told me that they had built themselves up before they saw their child and felt that something was wrong when they didn't feel these things instantaneously. I know I will love her, I have been waiting for so long. But I don't want to ruin this by having unreal expectations. I hope this doesn't make me sound like an unfit mother.

Keep us in your prayers. I can't wait for you to see pictures of Grace!!

7 comments:

LaLa said...

Can't wait to see her in your arms. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy all those first moments!! I will be following along.

Anonymous said...

WOW! It seems like just yesterday when this all started. You'll all be in my prayers...keep us posted on how it's going.

kcc

Susan said...

Prayers go up for you and Gracie every day. Have an amazing trip and take loads of pictures. Although I'll be reading your blog, I'll want to hear EVERY little detail when you get back home.

Give Gracie big hugs from me. I can't wait to meet her! God speed, my friend.

Sarah said...

I am so excited that your time to meet your daughter is so near!! I'll be praying for you daily, and also reading your blog daily. LOL.
As far as the first meeting goes, you are being "real". Whatever you feel in that moment will be normal and you'll have so many more tender moments to share in the future. You're going to be a great mommy! Have a safe trip.
PS-take lots of pictures of the other babies if possible, mine may be in the bunch.

Kelly said...

Hello from Tokyo!! You are going to be a great mother. I cannot wait to hug your neck in a couple of days. WOOOO HOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's finally time for you to go! Have a fabulous time and you're going to be a great Mom! Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about your trip. Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

Oh how exciting. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your travels. You lucky girl, travel safe!!

Melanie