Friday, June 13, 2008

Thanks!

Thanks for all the great feedback. It helps to know that others are fighting the same battles. We have tried redirection, explaining that I am afraid she will get hurt, time out, etc. She climbs with a purpose - to get things that she knows she is not supposed to have. Things such as the CD player and night light on her dresser, the pictures on top of the bookcase, etc. I have read before that human behavior is based on pleasure and pain. I think that she figures the pleasure of retreiving the forbidden is worth the pain of sitting in time out. Her eyes just glow when she does get that picture from the shelf.

I am definitely going to look into some appropriate climbing alternatives. And I think she is just going to encounter a few bumps (hopefully not injuring herself) and maybe that will overshadow her love of climbing. Please let me know if you have any more advice.

No comments: