Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Second Anniversary

Today is our second anniversary as a family. Grace has been a bit under the weather the last few days so we didn't get out today. She had no fever today, so we plan on getting out and celebrating tomorrow. When we were in Vietnam, internet access was a nightmare because of an earthquake in Taiwan. It makes me sad to look back at my blog and see the lack of documentation. I am going to do my best to post each day about what we did on that day in Vietnam. Hopefully I can remember.

It feels like that was a lifetime ago. I guess it is because it's hard for me to remember a time before Grace. What did I do with my time before we became a family? During holidays and special times I always wonder about her birth mother. I pray that her birth mother has somehow seen the pictures I have been sending back to Vietnam. I pray that she has seen that she is healthy, growing and happy. Whoever she is, her sacrifice gave me the most precious gift. Today is definitely as much about her as it is about Grace and me.

Tomorrow...we celebrate.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Happy 2nd Family Day! I remember those Internet-less days all too well. Not only were you there to bring home your Gracie, but you were there to love on my Petunia, too, and I was doing some serious blog-stalking during that time. I'll never be able to repay you, Terri, Kelly & Justin.

Hope Gracie feels like doing something fun tomorrow. Oh, and if you can remember what you did two years ago, especially day by day, you're SO much better than I am. I struggle to remember what I had for lunch yesterday. Hugs to you both!

Kelli said...

Happy two years as a family! Time flies....hope Gracie feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy family day, you two!! I can't believe it's already been two years. Makes me sort of sad for how fast it is all flying.

Mab said...

Happy 2 years as a family!
Wow! Time goes by so quickly.
I too always wonder what in the world I did with my time before kids? (life must have been boring before them--so there's nothing to remember!)
Happy New year to you two gals!
Arlene

Anonymous said...

Obviously I'm a little behind in the blog reading dept...

Anyway, CONGRATS on your 2 year anniversary! What a little blessing... Can't wait to read about your time in VN!