Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Old Pics and New Pics

My dear friend Susan tagged me and I'm supposed to go to the fourth photo folder on my computer and post the fourth photo in that folder. Like Susan, I wondered what that photo would look like. Can I play fair if I hate the photo? I checked it out and just grinned when I found the fourth folder. It was the folder that contained Grace's referral photos and the updates while I was waiting! Photo number 4 is Gracie at 3 1/2 months.



This photo is from my first set of update pics. I remember loving those little fingers spread out on her belly(many of you remember my finger anxiety after some comments made). And look at those thighs! I remember she even had fat rolls on her butt. Now she can't keep her pants up. Thank you Susan, those are such great memories and I am so glad that I had you to go through all of it with me. I would have died if I hadn't had her to talk to.

School is almost over for the semester! Four down and two more finals to go. So far I ended up with 2 As and 2 Bs. I can finally relax. What was I thinking taking 20 hours with a 2 year old? In the beginning I thought piece of cake. I worked 50+ hours a week. I can handle this. I didn't not work with Grace in my office. Now I attempt to study and keep track of her at the same time. I am ready for the break.

Grace is so excited about Christmas. She is constantly singing Jingle Bells. Constantly. And she can't stop commenting on the decorations. On to new pictures from Christmas card photo attempts...

This one cracks me up. She had been pushing off the coffee table to rock and had her feet on, then she was messing with her lip and it looked like she was deep in thought. Actually she had just bloodied her nose and lip and it was really starting to swell.


Typical Grace


Finally! And you can't even really see the nose/lip injury.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh that last picture is too cute!! I love all of those pictures actually.

Susan said...

Yay, a post! I miss knowing what's going on in your life, but I know how precious time is for you right now.

Congrats on the grades, and I know you'll do well on your other finals. I bet you WILL be glad when your break arrives.

Cute new pics of Miss Gracie, the girl of many faces. I remember well the numerous phone conversations we had to keep us sane through the crazy process of adoption. I'm glad you were there for me too. I absolutely remember the dicussion about Grace's fingers. :-)

Love and hugs from Petunia and me!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh look at that little hair sticking up in her referral photo. So adorable!

I love the one with her feet on the table, too cute.

Emily said...

i know i say this EVERYTIME i pop by here, but gracie is getting SO durn big! and just as gorgeous as ever!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! She looks so grown up, so pretty.

Hoep you both have a great Christmas.

Mab said...

That last photo of Miss Gracie girl
is so sweet and adorable. I love it! Merry Christmas to you and Gracie! :)

Kelli said...

She is getting so big- and is as beautiful as ever!