Friday, March 07, 2008

A Messed Up Weekend

I was looking forward to seeing my friends this weekend. We had plans to travel to Nashville Sun/Mon to see Lucy, Kelly, LilyAna and Susan. However Lucy, Kelly and Kelly's mom are sick. I haven't seen Lucy and Kelly since July and I am dying to see them. Lucy has changed so much. As soon as everyone is well we will set a new date. I really want to make sure these girls all know each other as they grow up. Get well soon!

It is snowing like crazy now. I mean we have a few inches and this is not the norm for Tennessee. That would normally be great. Snowed in for the weekend, have some down time at home. However I work for Boys & Girls Club and we have a benefit tomorrow evening. I have a million things to do tomorrow to set up. I live about 45 minutes from the venue and we southerners are not snow/ice drivers.


Gracie and her beloved Trigger.

It amazes me how grown up she looks with all those teeth.

She really loves to feed herself. She isn't good at getting the food on the spoon/fork, but if you get it on there for her she likes to take it from there. However forks and spoons also make fun toys. After each bite she likes to make the spoon go up and down by moving her mouth. As you can see in this photo, she is extremely talented and can keep the spoon firmly in her mouth while drinking milk! Impressive huh?

I have a climber on my hands. She climbs on EVERYTHING. I am constantly saying Grace get down or Grace sit on your bottom.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, that's too bad about the play date. We're getting the storm that is traveling from your state up to Ohio. We are predicted to wake up to 8-15 inches tomorrow! The biggest snow storm of the year. I won't be going any where either.

dwayne and melanie said...

I just love reading your blog. Gracie is a doll.

Anonymous said...

awww - did she get a haircut? She is just getting so big and you are in big trouble with that climbing!!!!!!!!!! I am VERY impressed by her multi-feeding abilities! haha

Kelly said...

We are moping around today so sad that we are not with you guys. Hopefully we can figure out a new weekend soon. Love you guys! Oh yeah, so fun that Grace can say Lucy. Lucy has Gracie down as well!!

Susan said...

I can't stand the fact that we weren't able to get together. I missed y'all so much. We've got to set a new date as soon as possible! Love the photos of your wild child. So adorable!!!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mia's Mommy said...

Hey I got your message. I don't know why you can't send the picture through. I'd love to see a look alike to one of my kids. That's awesome. email me: encke2p@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Dy said...

What sweet pictures. She has really grown since she was in Arkansas for Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend. Di