Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pseudo Strabismus



As I am sure your have noticed, Grace has an eye that appears to be crossed. When I had a doctor review her referral photos, she said that it was a pseudo strabismus. That means that since the bridge of her nose is very flat and broad it appears as if her eyes are crossed.

Her pediatrician thought that it might be a crossed eye. If that was the case she would require glasses or surgery. She advised me to have it checked out by an opthamologist. We had the appt on Thursday.

She was such a big girl, she didn't even cry when the put in drops to dilate her eyes. The verdict is that her eyes are fine! I thought I was going to start crying right there. After that she got a round of immunizations, we went to lunch and shopped a little. All that and no fussing.

On Friday she was in the greatest mood. Grace is a very social little girl. She is always happier when she had been out and about. The next day she is all smiles. She will also let anyone hold her. However she is very guarded. If it is someone other than family or close friends, she stares them down and will not smile. People say "she is such a serious baby." They have no idea the character I have on my hands. This week I was holding her close to my face and making some funny noise. She would laugh so hard she would spit in my face. But who cares about a little spit, her giggles are priceless.

As you can see in the photo above, Grace is very proud of her two teeth. She is working very hard to get a couple on top. The other photo is her with her (and my) favorite toy. Baby Einstein toys are so smart. I am posting new photos in Flickr. Click on the badge on the right.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so happy to hear that her eyes are perfect!! She is just the cutest. I love and miss her!

Jo said...

Glad to hear everything is perfect with her.

I love her new pictures.

Susan said...

What super news! I bet it was one of the best moments hearing that your sweet girl is just perfect. (Of course, you already knew that, didn't you?) Can't wait to see both of you again.

Stepping on Legos said...

Yay for healthy eyes! Of course she is just perfect, but isn't it great to hear it from the pros?! :-) The new pics are awesome - she is just really blossoming!