Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Small Gesture Can Bring Much Joy

As I have said before, the nannies at the orphanage loved all the babies tremendously. They were sobbing when saying goodbye to the babies that they had been taking care of for months. You could see the pain on their faces and in their eyes. Below is a photo of Grace at the orphanage. You can see the pain on the nanny's face as she gives her a bottle.
>

My dear friend Susan is in Vietnam as I write, she is bringing home her daughter Lily Ana. Lily Ana was only 2 1/2 months old when I went to the orphanage to get Gracie. Susan took a small photo album of pictures of Grace to the orphanage for me. Kelly also sent one of Lucy. I really tried to send photos that showed how much she has grown and how happy she is. I did not add the photos of angry, sad or pouty Grace. I left the pictures of those three personalities here in Tennessee.

Susan emailed me that the nannies loved them! She said they laughed and smiled while looking at the photos of Grace and Lucy. They were especially happy when she told them the albums were for them to keep. I hope that I can continue to send them updates. Susan was also sweet enough to send me pictures of the ladies looking at the photos. One of them is below. Their expressions are so happy.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sherri, you can thank Lelah for those photos - she was the one who captured the shots as I gave them the photo albums. I only wish you could have been there yourself. You and Kelly made these nannies very happy on an otherwise sad day. I know it was hard to see the two little ones leave that day, but I think seeing the photos of Gracie and Lucy made everything a little easier on these special, special ladies.

I miss talking to you! I'll be home soon and I know we're going to have even more things to talk about than usual.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, those photos are priceless. That is so special!!!