Friday, June 22, 2007

Gracie's First Professional Pedicure


As you may have seen in pictures, Grace has had her toes polished by her cousins. Well on Wednesday she had her first professional pedicure.

My mother has had the same people doing her nails for years. They are Vietnamese and have followed the whole adoption process. Before I left for Vietnam they translated a note for me to give the ladies at the orphanage. They have been very excited about the adoption and they talked so much about Vietnam before Terri and I left. They were so excited to see our pictures from Vietnam.

Mother went to get her nails done on Wednesday and took Grace and Kristan with her so everyone could see Grace. They all call her Thao and love to hold her and talk to her in Vietnamese (sidenote: she doesn't respond to the Vietnamese language or name like she used to). One of the guys that works there has a little girl that is about 3 years old. When he held Grace she starting crying and said "you can hold her but you can only love me". She is obviously a daddy's girl.

Before they left Kelly, one of the manicurists, offered to polish Grace's toenails. Hi picked out a color. No one can pronounce his Vietnamese name and since it sounds alot like "Hi" that's what everyone calls him. Kristan held her foot while Kelly polished.

Her toes are glow in the dark neon pink. Aren't they lovely?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Mmmm, looks like your mom might have started something here! I'm really loving the toes. The little 3-years old girl's comment is so pitifully sweet.

R&H said...

Such sweet little feet!
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I want to do this to Lucy's toes too! I really don't think I can get her to stay still long enough though. Grace's look perfect. She is such a good girl. I will email you soon, but we are going to be in Nashville for sure in mid-July. Are you going to be around that time? I am dying to get all of the girls together and I think that Justin might even make it. He really did get so excited when I told him he would likely get to see his Gracie Girl!!

Ange said...

Such cute little baby toes!