Thursday, June 07, 2007

Teeth

Grace now has five teeth-two on top and three on bottom. A fourth bottom tooth will be breaking through any day now. She is drooling like crazy and is biting at anything...the couch, a bracelet, my nose. Nothing is off limits. I am very good at predicting her, therefore I have been able to avoid serious injury. She doesn't sneak in and bite, she will just bite at something if it happens to be there. I am really hoping that this is just a teething thing. She also grinds her teeth sometimes. Her pediatrician said it wasn't a big deal, it would just drive me crazy.

Now that I have addressed all of the negatives about Grace's new teeth I will move on to more positive things. I just love to watch her eat now. She doesn't eat baby food anymore, she refuses. Instead I will bake her a sweet potato or steam some vegetables. She also loves deli turkey and chicken. When I feed her a bite she will move the food to the front of her mouth and chew! It is the cutest little thing. I can't remember any of my nieces or nephews doing that. She looks so grown up.

She looks more grown up each day. I thought I would miss the baby, but my little girl is so much fun. Each day she does something new. We are on the fast track to Toddlerville. Here a few photos of my big girl.



5 comments:

Susan said...

Love the pictures, as always. She's just one munchable little girl! She also sounds like she's a hoot to be around. I can't wait to see y'all again.

Look out for your nose!! :o)

LaLa said...

Love the new blog look and that photo cracks me up (her winky one) Yeah, they grow up fast. I love watching Annslee evolve into a little girl but do miss my baby..especially when I look at pics from a while back (check out my last two posts)
I love her pulling up and cruising..soon nothing in your house will be safe : )

Kelly said...

Okay, you are off the hook with me!! She is cute as can be. Lucy is working on more teeth as well, but I can't tell which ones she is getting next. I think she might be working on two more top teeth. She is gnawing all of the time on her poor little fingers. She too will bite anything that is near that mouth. My toes have gotten it a few times. Not sure when We are coming to Nashville next. My sister is moving mid-July, so probably around then to help her unpack. Will you be around then. I want to make sure that all of you TN folks will be around so that we can have a huge reunion. I am so excited just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Teething is no fun! Addy is getting her 5th too now too, but its on the top. She does the bite thing suddenly too so I think its related. But she does NOT do the eating-in-the-front thing which sounds absolutely adorable.

Isn't it amazing to look back on pictures from Vietnam and see how teeny baby she was compared to now? She is definitely fast-tracking to toddlerville!

Rice said...

OMG!

This baby Gracie is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. I dropped by out of curiousity because I have adopted and my "homegrown" is named Gracie too.
Love the pictures. How lucky you are!!